Fall has started and along with the nice cozy weather, great for strolls in the nature, there are also fall foods. Hokkaido pumpkin made me create a one pan fall inspired meal.
Their bright orange colour indicates they are rich in beta-carotene. An antioxidant that helps our immune system protect our body from free radicals. The same antioxidant also protects our skin and keeps it wrinkle-free.
Our body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A, essential vitamin which keeps our eyesight sharp. Pumpkins are rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium that can help your muscles relax after a workout.
- 2 cups cubed hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced
- handful of green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the cubed pumpkin, green beans and mushrooms on roasting pan and toss with olive oil.
- Season with salt, white pepper, marjoram, add chopped garlic and stir well. Put to oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Replace it from oven and in a mixing bowl stir in fresh dill, parsley and apple vinegar.
- Serve with cooked rice.