Seeds are great for our health. They are healthy sources of vitamins, minerals, protein, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are essential for growth, development and good cell functions.
Hemp and Flax Seeds are considered a super food. They are rich in omega-3 which we often miss in our diet and which can lead to chronic diseases. Luckily I used seeds in my recipe.
Tip: Seeds come in many varieties and you can make your dish everytime different by using different seeds.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- cherry tomato bunch
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed hemp, sunflower and ground flax seeds
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Cut red pepper into strips, courgette into slices and tomatoes in half. Heat olive oil in a pan and roast the vegetables for 10 minutes until tender and golden. Stir occasionally.
- Add sliced garlic, season with salt, white ground pepper and roast for 3-5 minutes until the garlic is ready.
- Mix vegetables with quinoa. Pour over the balsamic vinegar, add sliced avocado and sprinkle with seeds mix.