Garden is full with courgettes right now so I have to come up with lots of courgette recipes. They are light and tasty, perfect for summer.
I like to sprinkle them with spices, roast on olive oil and eat them with bread but I like filled courgette too so I made an easy quinoa-filled courgette recipe. I hope you will like it as I do.
- 2 larger courgettes
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- white ground pepper
- fresh parsley
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- In a pan heat the olive oil, add diced onion. After the onion is golden add finaly chopped garlic. Add tomato sauce, salt. white pepper, turmeric, marjoram and let it cook for 5 minutes. Mix with quinoa and fresh parsley.
- Preheat oven to 180C and cut the courgettes in about 5cm long rolls. Empty the rolls with a spoon and fill with the tomato sauce.
- Place on baking paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- I used black sesame seeds and soy cream for decoration. The soy cream makes it also lighter and gives a good taste.
- Serve with a salad and enjoy!