Exploring different kitchens and food cultures, finding new tastes is great part of traveling!
Indian cousin is so colorful and full of veggies and spices I didn’t know exist. Masala Dosa’s became my favourite and I made a try to combine the oriental spices and fruity flavor with adding sweet mango. And I think this recipe turned out so well, that I must add it to my recipes! Enjoy your oriental dish and be inspired to explore 🙂
- 2 cups vegetables (cauliflower, aubergine, zucchini), cut into pieces
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ripe mango, diced
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin and coriander seeds. Allow the seeds to pop, about 1 min, then add sliced onion, garlic and ginger.
- Season with salt, pepper and turmeric. Stir well to combine.
- Add veggies and ½ c of water. Cover the pan and cook on low heat until tender, about 12 min. You can add more water if needed.
- Remove from the heat and add diced mango. Stir to combine.
- Serve with rice.