Hi guys! It’s time for a new recipe. I wanted to make a gluten free cake for my friends and also try something new. I thought quinoa could be a good option and I have to say I was really surprised how good quinoa can be in sweets.
I love melted chocolate and this kind of reminds me of that. Also it has something of a chocolate icecrem. That for me is a good start!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or 1 cup pitted dates)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup soy milk (any other plant-based milk is great)
- 2 tablespoons ground flex seeds
- handful of raspberries
- Cook quinoa according to instructions, set aside and let it cool.
- In meantime put ground flex seeds into soy milk and set aside to gel for 5 minutes.
- Process cooled quinoa in a blender and add all other ingredients. Process until combined.
- Add raspberries and stir softly.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the dough into the baking dish and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Cut into squares and store in the freezer.
- This amount of dough will make about 12 squares.