Chickpeas have great tradition in many kitchens of the world. They are part of tasty comforting dishes.
Super easy to make and with lots of nutrients that keep us healthy and fit. Including protein, vitamins and minerals.
Chickpea Aubergine Stew
Write a review
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 c tomato sauce
- olive oil
- white and black ground pepper
- fresh basil
- Cut aubergine into rounds and sprinkle with salt. After a while remove the water from the top with a paper towel. This will prevent the aubergine to be bitter.
- In a pan heat the olive oil and add diced onion. After the onion is golden add finaly chopped garlic, diced aubergine and chickpeas.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, white pepper, black pepper, marjoram, fresh basil and stir well.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat until the tomato sauce is reduced, about 20 min.